1. WARNING - This part of forum is for English language writed posts ONLY! Any other language isn't alowed! Please respect forum rules, otherwise, your posts will be deleted, and you will be warned, one time only!
  2. Мы продолжаем публиковать интересные статьи на тему SocialEngine 4. Одна из статей посвящена правильному выбору сервера для вашей социальной сети, а другая содержит советы по увеличению производительности платформы. Также мы добавили большую статью о пользовательских уровнях. Ознакомиться со статьями вы можете в разделе Вопросы и Ответы SocialEngine 4.
  3. Вам кажется, что ваша версия SocialEngine 4, работает медленно?

Голосуйте. Пишите свою версию системы, железо на чем работает и количество пользователей. Будем увеличивать производительность :-) Подробнее

4. В связи с участившимися случаями попыток продажи пользователями форума различных "сборок" коммерческих социальных платформ, обычно основанных на SocialEngine 3, вводится новое правило для форума. Запрещается создание тем или размещение в уже созданных предложений о продаже или размещение ссылок на сайты, где происходит продажа "сборок". Пользователи, которые продолжат свою коммерческую деятельность в данном направлении, будут заблокированы. Подробнее.

Modification Speedup SE 4.X

Discussion in 'Modifications & Hacks' started by roury, Nov 8, 2013.

1. roury Thread starter User

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    this method will be used to increase speed, tested in SE 4.5 works great & dont know about other versions, try and tell us that such a work

Goto your site admin panel.
    From layout editor select Site Header
    Drag HTML Block to the top of all blocks there.
    Paste this code in that HTML Block.

<?php if(substr_count($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'],'gzip')) ob_start("ob_gzhandler");else ob_start();?>

save changes!!!

and apen you page now

;) Gracias a todos
    Roury

scupare, mooghermez and GLands like this.
  2. mooghermez User

Message Count:
    I think it work for me!
    thanks
  3. cybermaniac User

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    It seems to be a little bit faster, and any kind of speed improvement one's can have with SE is a real succeed :boththumbs:

Way to go Roury :wavespin:
  4. kashmiri User

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    My version of phpFox:
    Confirmed working perfectly on SE 4.6.0.
  5. satsuke User

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    Is this will reduce server resources too?
  6. scupare User

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    not a good ideea iis same slow
  7. SPQR Super-Moderator

• Super Moderator
    Message Count:
    Some shared servers not support GZIP - as example, BlueHost...
    On dedicated you must check if it installed
    scupare likes this.
  8. StormMan User

Message Count:
    Did anyone try this solution on the newest version? Is it needed, what do you think?
    It's an interesting question for me if developers know about gzip, and use it by default to improve poor performance of SocialEngine as I know it. Or maybe 4.8.3 has very good characteristics and much higher performance than old versions, like 4.2.8 for instance, and it's not necessary to try to improve it?
  9. GumSlone User

Message Count:
    install google pagespeed module on your server, also use cdn services, it will speedup the page load time a lot.
  10. Ariston Novice member

Message Count:
    My version of SE:
    Hmm sorry but it doesn't make your site faster at all. You're just getting the site output compressed and that's it.
    If you really want to make your site faster you have to deal with caching (i.e. Memcached) and advanced topics like reverse proxies (i.e. Varnish, nginx), database clustering (i.e. Percona Cluster) etc. There are many ways to speedup PHP applications.